Have you ever thought of writing an ebook?
As bloggers we write, and with writing our creativity flows. For some writing a “book” might sound like a daunting task, but starting at the start and taking it step by step is the key. Also having “a how to” course and guidelines is a real plus!
I admit it. I have written an ebook, from scratch, with no help. It was a tiring process and I can tell you I ate a lot of cake and pulled many late night hours. Where is this ebook you ask? Well, it sits on my hard drive, completed, yet I feel it isn’t worthy of release.
Lets ask the first big question.
Why would you want to write an ebook?
- You wrote a post and were so passionate about it that it turned into a thousands word count! Posts like this are great to turn into free downloads and offer as extras or incentives to signup to say your newsletter.
- Having your own “product” is a BIG DEAL! and adds value to your site / blog.
- You are helping people with your advice or ideas that you give in the content.
- Bring attention to your topic and “brand” yourself as the “go to” person for that topic, these people turn into blog readers & followers.
- Make a name for yourself – YOU wrote an ebook!
- Earn money from your affiliates selling your stuff.
- Constant residual income.
- Be included in bundles that are released on thousands of sites at a time (you have to sign up for these 😉 )
You can make the ebook free or at a very low price and add affiliate links within to make up for the “free” or “low price”. If the content is relevant, add links to even more content on your blog for further reading.
Example: “… and then the kids used their new found skills to pick up the color rice grains.” here I would link to either a post I already made on “how to make color rice
So, how to get started?
You could either stumble around in the dark and land up with a file on your hard drive, like me, that you really don’t want to make public. OR you could spend hours on the internet hunting for various advice snippets (see further reading at bottom of post). OR you could take a course!
Coming this Monday I have chosen to start a course instead of fumbling in the dark like last time.
I do hope you found these thoughts on writing an ebook helpful and that you will be joining me on the course! Thanks for reading 😉
Signup for the Course
About “from Idea to Ebook”
Do you have a fantastic idea, just waiting to be shared? Are you ready to to maximize your earning potential with an ebook? Do you know what you want to write, but aren’t sure where to start? Are you overwhelmed with formatting and distribution questions?
Creating and selling your own digital products is perhaps the best way to monetize your online presence, but it’s one that’s underutilized because the process can be overwhelming. Mandi Ehman, author of the popular Easy Homemade ebook and founder of BundleoftheWeek.com, is launching an online ebook course this month at an amazing price.
From brainstorming topics, writing the content and creating the layout to launching and promoting your ebook, she’ll be sharing everything she knows about the industry over 10 content-packed weeks through tips, tutorials and case studies as well as printables and vlogs to help you move From Idea to eBook.
Sign up for the initial launch on July 29th for just $10 with coupon code LAUNCH — that’s just $1 per week, including lifetime access to all of the content!
Display on your Blog & Earn Affiliate $ and after you write your ebook, submit it to perhaps be included!
Further Resources I liked reading: